Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fore!!!

Last weekend I served as a volunteer at the ENMU-R Charity Golf Tournament. As many of you know, I am not a golfer. So, I was not playing, but rather helping to facilitate the event. It was quite a long day, but it was fun.

One thing I did was stand out at hole 13 and measure drives for the closest to the hole. For that particular hole, the closest drive won a nights stay at The Inn of the Mountain Gods in Ruiodoso. Luckily I had good company at the hole with me or it could have been a bit boring.

There was also a drink cart roaming around the course and I tried my first Bloddy Mary. I should have known better. I don't like Tomato Juice and I am not big on Vodka, but I figured it was a good time to try one. Well...one swig and I knew i was a mistake. Ugghhh! Repulsive. I don't know how you people do it! For the rest of the day it was beer for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, you ARE aware that a Bloody Mary is a breakfast drink, yes? Only enjoyed prior to noon. After that, it's bourgeois.

Seriously, though, I think the problem is your logic: "I don't like ANY of the ingredients, but perhaps I'll enjoy the beverage!"

I think we've found your problem.