Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Importance of Being Earnest...


Well...my life just got a little busier today. I got some great news. I have been approved for funding and have secured and confirmed all the dates, and it looks like Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell is going to have the first step to a theater program.

My proposal to direct Oscar Wilde's "The importance of Being Earnest" has gone through and I couldn't be happier. That's the good news. The bad news: my life just got turned upside down. Between teaching five classes and directing a play, who knows when I'll have time to sleep or eat. But that goes along with the territory I suppose. I do think theater is a vital part of any community and I am happy to be one of the people who will hopefully make something of it here.

We do have the Roswell Little Theater here in Roswell and I hope to form a healthy, amicable relationship with them. I plan to work with them as much as they are willing to; there is no reason for competition. The more options of things to do in this town the better! And if it all goes as planned, its the beginning of great things to come.

Of course there is always a chance that it will fail miserably and this will be my swan song as a director, but hey, that's the chance you gotta take.

So, make your plans now: November 17-19, 2006. ENMU-R presents: "The Importance of Being Earnest". The first 20 out of towners to respond to this post will receive free tickets to all three performances and a beer. That's right, a beer!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go bro'!

(And keep a cold Guiness aside for me...)

Anonymous said...

thanks bro. the guinness will flow. also. did I mention the free room at casa de dan?

Anonymous said...

thanks bro. the guinness will flow. also. did I mention the free room at casa de dan?

Anonymous said...

That is so great. I am very happy (read, envious) that you're getting to do this. Think you can put together a touring production?

Anonymous said...

Ed,

Can't guarentee the tour, but I might be able to bore you with a DVD version (if the right people agree to it).

Dan

Anonymous said...

Haven't I been promised dvd viewings of other plays?

Anonymous said...

Haven't I been promised dvd viewings of other plays?

Anonymous said...

Ed,

Yes you have. I just need to get them to DVD format. Would you like a VHS viewing? I can do that next week.

Dan

Anonymous said...

VHS is easier for me. Can't wait to see you.