Monday, August 14, 2006

Where in the world!?!?


Hello my brothers and sisters. I apologize for the long absence, but it has made my heart grow fonder. Before I get into the usual routine, I thought I would give you my excuse for being gone such a long time (and no, it is not wanting to have you see Big Ben R. as my super genius for a month).

Fact of the matter is I have not been home since May 17th. This summer has been filled with travel, both pleasant and laborious. I will let you decide which is which and what is what. Being on the road for so long, it has been difficult to get online to update. But...I'm back.

Here's my summer to date:

Fly from Albuquerque to Seattle. Jump on ship and cruise Alaska. Fly Seattle to Dallas. Stay in Dallas 10 days. Fly from Dallas to Las Vegas. Pick up parents in rental car. Drive to Hoover Dam, Vegas, Sequoia national Park, Yosemite, San Francisco, Ventura and finally Santa Barbara for my brother's graduation (yay Ben!). Fly from Santa Barbara to Philadelphia. Stay in Philly for a couple of weeks. Fly from Philly to Dallas. Next Day, drive from Dallas to San Diego for conference. Drive from San Diego back to Dallas. Take train from Dallas to Los Angeles (56 hours). Drive from West Lake Village, Ca to Philadelphia.

So far, with layovers, I am at 14 flights this summer with two more to go to get back to lovely Roswell. I estimate my total miles in travel this summer to be over 20,000! And...all in the USA (except for a bit on the Pacific through Canada). Also, I have changed my watch 23 times to account for time zone changes (with two to go). Next summer, I want to visit some places in Dreamland. Just give me coffee, friends, some sports, good books and a bed!

I hope all of your summers are going well and I hope to hear from you!

D.W.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Dan is back.

Unknown said...

It's about time! It is okay for you to assume that you have been missed.