Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A must read

Most of the comics I read are not very good; rather, I should say, most comics I read I wouldn't recommend. People laugh at me when I tell them I put my books in the order that I want to read them: crappy to good. If I read good ones first, then I know I won't read the crap. Why do I buy the crap? Why do people scratch there asses in public, pick their noses, read Steven King, or eat pixie sticks? They just do. They are compelled.

Anyway, I wanted to take a second to tell you about a great comic book. The latest edition of "Fell" just hit the market last week, and I have to say it is one of the best single issues of any comic I have read in the last year or so. It is engaging, well written and well drawn. The fact that "Fell" is up for like 5 Eisner Awards means that I am not the only one reading it or praising it. I'm not trying to claim discovery or anything. I just thought I'd share.

Also, speaking of must reads and sharing, our own "Doc" Bender has started a blog of his own based on interesting Civil War stories and people. It's a great site to add to your reading lists and certainly of more value than this one! Check it out and leave him some commentary so the old chap knows people are out there!!! Jo Shelby's Mule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I said "old chap", I put it in quotes so people would know I didn't mean old. I meant it in the playful British way that young folks say to eachother. For the record, the "Doc" and I (why I put doc in quotes I don't know...he's really a doc) are about the same age.