Friday, July 08, 2005

Jibber-Jobber



Please don't hate me because of my summer job. I have been getting a lot of flak lately from people about my exchange program job. Listen, I can't help it if the school wants to pay me to go to ballgames, bar-b-ques and have the occasional libation. I just do as I am told. I got some garbage from a co-worker today because I had to leave at 4:00 for a bar-b-que. But, it is part of my job. It's PR work for the university....and sure, it's fun too. Nothing wrong with that.

So anyway...we had a good time tonight...Grilled up some food, mixed some drinks, danced, played pool and ping-pong. I miss ping-pong. We used to have a table in our basement (still folded up there actually).My pop was a master and my brother and I learned fast how to play well. While I never could beat my dad, there were alot of battles in that basement over the years with family and friends. Well...tonight I did them all proud, beating all challengers all night long. I was exhausted afterwards, but also undefeated.

Tomorrow night we are at Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame. I'm not the biggest fan, but it'll be fun. It's at the Gypsy Tea Room in Deep Ellum. It's a cozy, quiant little place. It should be a good venue to see a show. I haven't been there in a few years.

Then Sunday I am off to find a home in Roswell!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your job is bothering me 1500 miles away.
glad you're having such a good time.
oh! i found the new best cheese steak in the area.
hurry back for a sample.

make sure your new new place doesn't have a southern exposure.

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Quit getting drunk and check your email.

Anonymous said...

Very proud of you Son.

Anonymous said...

So, did you finesse them into submission with Pop's patented under-the-table-lift-and-spin move so that the ball flies off at a 30-degree angle in a random direction when it hits the table? Or did you just decide to overpower them with one of your blink-and-you're-dead return volleys? Details of the carnage, please.

Anonymous said...

Dan you are an amazing guy. So handsome and ...mmmm. I hope you have some good company on the way there. Because that would be one lucky girl....i mean guy... okay ill admit i find goats very attractive.
Yes, um, please give us details of the carnage, please.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...it's a tough life fighting off the women, men, she-men, and all the rest. You forgot to mention the little green (hopefully) women! Talking about son of Jesus...there's a new interesting comic out called "Battle Pope" you might like: http://www.funkotron.com/battlepope/