Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sofa-r no sofa


Oh my God furniture is expensive! I went shopping yesterday to find a cheap couch and a kitchen table and chair set. Everywhere I went it was the same thing. Mucho dinero! I did find a great deal at Dillards though, but I had to turn it down.

They had a beautiful sectional couch on clearance for only $999. It was a six piece set (five parts couch and one part ottoman). The problem was, it was massive. I thought I could put three pieces of the couch in my living room and two in the office (and roll the humungous ottoman out of the way every time I walked through the house), but I think it was still too big!

Everyone keeps telling me to hit Ikea or something of its ilk, but I just don't know. I think homes should come furnished already. I guess I'll haveto wait until I get out to Roswell and find something there. Maybe a kitchen table shaped like a UFO? Or a couch shaped like an escape pod? Any other Roswellian furniture suggestions?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd try second hand stores, thrift stores, salvation army. You can usually find good stuff if you look long enough.

Anonymous said...

By the way, cool shoes. Are they spats?

Anonymous said...

Here's some Roswellian suggestions:

http://www.kimuranet.jp/files/eurofurniture/euro_design.html

http://www.spacify.com/ListProducts.asp?dept_id=33&parent_id=411

Just don't forget the "Alien Table":
http://www.comfortcreations.co.za/vshowroom/tables/alien/main.html

Anonymous said...

Wow, I keep finding more cool stuff:

http://abbey-furnishings.co.uk/Vivant/Metal8.htm

And of course, how could we forget, HR Giger furniture:
http://www.design3d.host.sk/giger/loft.htm

Anonymous said...

Ed must not have started the fall term.

Anonymous said...

Not until Aug 21. I have 20 more days of meaningless internet activity.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sites, Ed. Very helpful!

friday said...

yeah...they make stuff way too big these days... sadly my fireplace is hidden due to my over-sized furniture....i say go for fifties-styled furniture...that stuff was small and yet still quite functional...or you could just toss pillows on the floor...and really aren't all meals consumed in the living room...dining room tables...ha! i only use mine for typing papers...

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed, Ted hope everything is okay.
Also hello Friday whoever you are. Hope your new kid's Okay.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
wished to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll
be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!


Also visit my website :: sky hd add other channels