Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Peanuts and Cracker Jacks


Baseball, fireworks and sun...what could be better. Well, the simple answer is, football, beer and snow, or hockey, the organ and ice. None of that going on anytime soon, so I guess we'll have to settle.

Now don't get me wrong, I love baseball, but in the 100 degree + hellmouth that we call Dallas, I can't understand why anyone would want to leave their home let alone go sit in the heat in a stadium filled with thousands of sweating people. But there we were...my students, Ali and me, soaking up the rays in Arlington Texas. We really did have a good time though. We meet a really nice older couple who were from Carson City Nevada at the park. They were on a baseball bus tour traveling across the country. They couldn't stand Texas either. Anyway...it was a great game. The Rangers beat the Red Sox 6-5, scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the ninth.

The fireworks were cool also. I think the students dug them more then the game. We didn't end up getting in until 4:00am and we were all drained from sun and fun. I guess that's all from here for now. I've been putting in all of my spare time working at the shop taking pictures of toys and statues for e-bay.

2 comments:

friday said...

you know, roller derby is kinda like hockey...there's fighting and skating... only the players are way hotter...

and hell, i am from texas and i hate sitting in that damn arlington ballpark...they need some cool zones or something!

ant and i hit up the willie nelson 4th of july picnic...which turned out to not be so much of a picnic, but i did get to see bob dylan for under 2 dollars so i ain't complaining that i had to eat on a blanket in a parking lot across the street!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Believe me, I would rather see the Fightins' any day over the Rangers. As far as the e-bay thing goes, so far it's been fun. I'm just taking pictures of the product and uploading them. Chris does the unfun stuff like creating the auctions and dealing with the e-mails and international nightmares. Sorry about not responding quicker. I typically leave the Hotel early and don't get home till late. And then I have to connect to this crappy connection the hotel has.