Thursday, August 11, 2005

Under the boardwalk....


Sorry it has been a little bit since my last post. I was in Ocean City Maryland with my cousin Noel, his wife, and his daughter. I went for more of a visit rather than to do the beach thing, but it was nice to see the ocean and taste the salty air for a few days.

We didn't do a whole bunch except catch up. But, we did go out to eat at a nice seafood place. I was totally out of my league though (no nautical pun intended). I just can't do the crab leg thing. It took me so long to get any meat out of those suckers that I just eventually gave up. Bastards!

The other outwardly thing we did was go on the Sea Rocket. This is one of those giant speed boats that seat about 200 people and take you on a wild boating experience. Well...it was fun, but it's not too rocking. First sign...no seatbelts on the seats. You just sit on a chair or a bench. So you know right away you are not going to be travelling at any mind-blowing speeds. Second, the kids don't have to wear any life jackets. How crazy a ride can it be if there is no chance of a kid getting thrown overboard!?!? The best part was the unexpecting sighting of lots of dolphins playing in the ocean. They stopped the boat so we could watch them frolic for a bit. And...it was only 12 bucks for the hour ride. Well worth it really.

Today I am heading out to play an afternoon gig with Some Don't. Noel is still in O.C. so that leaves me to do all the bass work. More later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An eyewitness reports the afternoon gig went very well. The band was almost as hot as the weather playing many familiar songs and a few originals under a scorching August afternoon sun. At one point, Dan's concentration was ruffled a bit when a dreaded Verizon fly flew into his ear and whispered 'can you hear me now?'. Ah the joys of playing live outdoors.