Sunday, August 21, 2005

Welcome to Roswell, home of....


The completely sane and rational variety of loonies. Yes, so here I am. The Big R. Roswell, USA. Home of the Whopper; dairy capital of the south west; home of the spiders from Mars; the town everybody has heard of and nobody knows; a place where you can hear people say "beam me up Scotty" and wonder why they are still here.

Ah...where is Bert Campbell where you need him? I have been trying his trick of turning invisible in hopes to attract the attention of some intelligent life, but so far to no avail.

Before I forget, here is a segment of the top story in the news from the 19th to let you guys know what I am dealing with:

WHEN POLICE OFFICERS DIDN'T FIND MEADOWS AT HOME, THEY CHECKED THE TEXACO STATION, WHERE HE WORKS. THE NEW RELEASE STATES THAT MEADOWS REVEALED A LARGE MACHETE STYLE SWORD ATTACHED TO HIS ARM WITH VELCRO. AFTER NON LETHAL OPTIONS FAILED, MEADOWS ADVANCED ON ONE OF THE OFFICERS WHILE SWINGING THE SWORD IN AN ATTACKING FASHION. THAT�S WHEN MEADOWS WAS SHOT. HE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO A LUBBOCK HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT OF HIS WOUNDS. HE IS EXPECTED TO RECOVER.

Now granted, I have mentioned to a few of you out there that I have my machete and am prepared to use it against any creepy crawlers that are bigger than my hand, but I am not to the point where I will attach it to any part of my person for actual defense.

Besides that little bit of excitement, I don't have much to report yet. I got here yesterday and checked into a hotel until my stuff gets here. I watched a little preseason football yesterday at the hotel bar. Here's something for the football fans out there. Mountain time...11:00 football games! This bar has the NFL package which was good to hear (gotta watch those Eagles games), but they don't open until 12:00 during the season. So...Uh...I guess I watch whatever "local" slop I get on the TV at home and then catch the second half at the bar? Ugghhh,.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bert Campbell IS in Roswell (Pardon the obvious, but it seems he turns invisible at will).

Anonymous said...

At will? Well...I guess moving to Roswell is about as close to becoming invisible as anyone can get. Abra-cadabra! Poof!!!

friday said...

so as you might know i recently visited roswell myself...and lo! and behold! friggin' aliens EVERYWHERE...even lamp posts...however the most horrifying part was driving into roswell...om my my! the stench was soooooo bad....guess that's where all that dairy comes from...hope you'll be livin' down wind...if you ever need a bar to go to try bud's lounge & package store...

friday said...

heehee...i mean upwind....my bad.