Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Man in a suitcase

No picture today...sorry. Believe it or not, my things have yet to arrive here in Roswell. The movers are exactly one week late (according to their guarenteed last day they will get here). So...I am still doing the hotel thing. I had to move hotels though from the Best Western to the Frontier Motel, a definite move down. I don't think I have internet there, so posting a picture might be difficult for the next few days. The movers told me they should be here Thursday; I won't hold my breath.

In other news, the semester started yesterday and I have now met with all of my classes. So far so good. The students here seem very nice and willing to work. All of the classes but one laughed at my jokes while the other class just kind of stared off and thought I was nuts (not that the other ones don't).

The on-line class is interesting and to be honest, it will take a few weeks for me to get used to it. I go on-line at least three times a day and check to see if there are new message or discussions and respond to them. Right now they don't have much to do. They are just learning about the course and how to use Web-CT. Once the assignments start rolling, I would imagine that this course will keep me busier than the on-site ones. Either way, it should be interesting.

How bout them Eagles?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday we'll look back on this and laugh.

Anonymous said...

I guess so. Hard to laugh now though. I had the washer and dryer delivered today...right on time. Fantastic. Of course they couldn't install the darn thing because the chord wasn't long enough and my cold water tap was leaky. Luckily, the guy who came to install it said he would be happy to come Thursday and finish if I got the parts by then. Joy...another couple of days with no laundry ability!

friday said...

oh my gosh! i was totally trying to stay at the Frontier! according to their neon light they had "no vacancy"...*sigh*...i got stuck with the Western Inn where they said something about remodel rooms...i don't think they meant mine...which was about the size of a bread box...the half-a-loaf kind...i put pics of the place on my blog...simply due to the fact that they insist on chaining up the native americans...heh...what's new?!