Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Alaska revisited


So...I finalized the details for the trip to Alaska yesterday. I gotta tell you: I am an idiot. After spending most of the day on the phone with cruise "experts" only to find out that they only go online and do the same thing we can do, I decided to just book it myself.

You would think that when you type in the parameters for a computer search, the findings would be within those parameters. Nope. I accidently booked a cruise that left from Seward Alaska instead of Seattle. I didn't notice right away, but when I did, I panicked. For one thing, where the hell is Seward Alaska!?!? Sencondly, they don't give refunds on cruises this close to the cruise date. I thought I was screwsville (30 miles south, evidently, of Seward).

Luckily, the fine people of Ceebrity Cruises and Orbitz.com were nice enough to work with me so that I could break the rules and reschedule a cruise for the same week that leaves from Seattle. Thank goodness. And for that my friends...I give myself the first of a new segment here at All's Well that's Roswell:

The SUPER GENIUS Award!

From here on out, each month I will give this award to those befitting the title.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hay man, Seward is a great place. You'll end up there anyway, and when you do head out for a crazy night of drinking, get up and have Raindeer sausage with your breakfast and think about how great it is to be in Seward Alaska.