Thursday, June 09, 2005

Lancaster Pa...not just for Amish anymore!


Well we've come to the last leg of my Pennsylvania tour. Yesterday I took a ride down to Lancaster to visit my friend and mentor Dr. Beverly Schneller (buy her new book, (Anna Parnell's Political Journalism: Contexts and Texts).

I lived in the Lancaster/Millersville area for about 5 years and I can honestly say I loved it there. It's the perfect distance to and from everything and the people are amazing. I'm going to miss it (again).

Pictured above is Demuth's Tobacco shop, the oldest in the states. Ed reminded me that it was there (it's been a while since I lived there) and I remembered being in there a bunch. Nice place...nice people. That is Lancaster. Of course you have your Amish farms and tourist stuff going on too, but Lancaster is much more than that.

Anyway...I'll be hitting the road Saturday morning and making my way to Dallas. I'll be there for eight weeks and then it's off to New Mexico. I hope to have some interesting things to pass on to you all from the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie...Sounds like fun. I was shocked to hear Lancaster had the new team. But, did you know they hod a team before? The Red Roses!