Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Evil gets back to work...


So here we are. I never like writing politics; I don't know a whole lot about what is going on. Don't get me wrong. I watch the news and read the paper and keep up with what is happening here and abroad, but I don't know much about it. Call me ignorant (
you're ignorant), but I truly believe that there are a handful of people in the world who actually do know what is going on, and I am certainly not one of them. I have my opinions about everything, but, without the necessary information, how can I give them and add any insight? I simply know I don't know...and that my friends, can be a pretty frustrating world to be in.

That being said, I really hope to aggravate some of you the way I have been aggravated recently. If I could represent the sound of regurgitation well enough that it would make your stomach turn when you read it, trust me, this entry today would be covered in puke. Let me explain. Disclaimer...I meant what I said above. The following is not in support or against any political party or agenda. If you ask me, Democrat, Republican, it all brings up the same puke noise and distaste in my stomach.

I was watching the news after the president's talk last night. It was CNN and specifically, Wolf Blitzer (whose mere voice tears at the inner fiber of my being). He was showing the results of a poll that was taken after the address. Maybe you saw it. The poll is to determine people's reaction to the address as either positive, negative or undecided. Blitzer said at least 5 if not more times to remember that the only people who took part in the poll were people who actually watched the speech and that those who didn't watch were not represented. His claim was that most of the people who watched were Bush supporters and that the number would reflect that. Here's what bothered me. The poll was a poll designed to rate the address.
Of course the respondents were people who heard the speech!!! How else could they be polled to rate it!?!? Oh....my....god!! I was so pissed off I could hardly contain myself (hence the rant).

Then they bring out the minority leader for the democratic party. She was interviewed by Anderson Cooper, who for some reason, even though he looks like a spoiled brat that need to get beat up on the playground, I actually like. But, the interview was revolting. Do they bring these people on so that we hate them all. When John McCain gets on the tube and says we all have to learn to get along...when John McCain is the only one in the world making sense...that's when I turn the cartoon network back on and look for an episode of the Boondocks (which btw has been getting bad press lately, especially from genius Al Sharpton),

Okay...last...the evil count was surprisingly low last night. I believe Gorgy-boy only mentioned the Big E twice:

"
But our enemies and our friends can be certain: The United States will not retreat from the world, and we will never surrender to evil." (so when Evil knocks upon your door...just say no!!)
and...

"
We are the Nation that saved liberty in Europe, and liberated death camps, and helped raise up democracies, and faced down an evil empire." (Oh yeah...the death star...well remember...the evil empire will strike back!)

Okay...I can't keep going. How do you political types keep going day after day, writing pages and pages on this sickening garbage!?!? Turn on some wrastling instead...you'll be much happier. There are guys there who are bad guys and know it. They do evil because they like it; they twist their Rollie Fingers mustaches and tie the girl to the train tracks. And I love them for it.

No comments: