Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We're 100!

O, do not forsake me, my indolent friends
O, do not forsake me though you know I must spend
All my darkest hours talking like this
For I am one hundred posts* old

One hundred posts old
Sure, you think that's old
One hundred posts old
But what do you know?
In my darkest hour I'm talking like this
For I am one hundred posts old

Oh, some have forgotten the flower of speech
And walks through the garden where I go to defend
Misbegotten notions while talking like this
For I am one hundred posts old

One hundred posts old
Sure, I'd say that's old
One hundred posts old
But what do I know?
In your darkest hour, my indolent friends
We'll be one hundred posts old

*lyrics are from They Might Be Giants song Do Not Forsake Me with one hundred posts being substituted for one thousand years. Now go buy a TMBG CD!!!!

So yes, All's Well That's Roswell turns 100 post old today, so raise your glass and reflect on the great times we've had through 100. Ah the memories...

The coffee talk
The music reviews and discussion
Gettysburgh and Billy the Kid
Tivo and Me
Batman driving in JFK''s car
The cigarettes
The comics and comic movie reviews
The tick quiz (part one)
The Vinagarones, scorpions in bathtubs, tarantula's, etc...
The Zombies
The cries for help
The Some Don't
Chile Cheese Festivals
The Aliens, oh the aliens!
The dragonflies
The Yankees and Cowboys hate mongering
The Staple Gun
The Klingons get married
The Importance of Being Earnest
The Exploding toilets of Las Cruces
The non-existant evil in the world and why you don't have to sell your soul to the devil
The space catapult
and especially the great comments from those of you who take the time out of your busy schedule to take a peek at whatever ridicolousness I might throw out there. Thanks. Here comes the next 100!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, congradulations! Who woulda thunk? You still write well for 100 posts. My Pepsi is raised toasting many, many more postings. I always look forward to your posts and check every day. I find them sometimes informative and sometimes amusing, but always a good read. Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Hello again. Terri still doesn't know how to spell 'congratulations' correctly.

Thanks to you, I've been a TMBG fan for a while. Maybe you'll bring the new CD next visit.

Anonymous said...

Handy dandy i-pod will accomplish that feat dear Ted!

Anonymous said...

A happy centennial-post to you.

You know, the Bibliothecary turned one year old on April 1st. I didn't realize it until a week or so later. Perhaps our blogs could get together for a little celebratory drink.

Naah. Let's me and you get together for a drink. The hell with the blogs.