Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And they're off...

Well...another weekend went by and still no stuff. They say today is the day, but I have not heard from the movers since last week, so I am kind of doubting it. This weekend was cool though. I actually did some stuff.

On Saturday night, one of my colleagues had a Labor Day/start of the semester shin-dig. It was great for me to get out of the hotel and have people to hang out with. We had great food and a lot of fun. I played some guitar and sang some songs. The people I work with have been super cool to me and are friendly and very supportive at work.

On Sunday I mostly prepped for classes, but I did get a chance (with Bob'S help) to build a table that I had ordered on-line. It's a lift-top table, which is a fantastic invention for anyone who does some eating in their living room while watching a game. Now all I need is a place to sit and I am set.

Monday was very cool. Bob and I went up to Ruiodoso Downs to the racetrack and wathced (and bet) on the horses. Labor Day is the last day of their season for live racing and they had a big race schedule that included a 2 million dollar quarter futurity race (they said the biggest of its kind in the world). It wasn't as crowded as I would have expected and it certainly is no Philly Park or even Lone Star Park, but it was a good time. It did start to rain heavily though which cut our day short, but it was still cool. And, it's only about an hour away. Hobbs (a little bit more than an hour from here) also has racing and their live racing begins the end of this month, so I'll have to check that out too. And no...I didn't win.

And oh yeah...football...lots of football.

No comments: