Monday, September 12, 2005

Are you ready for some football!?!?!

Well...here's the quick update. I still don't have my stuff. They said last Tuesday, then they said last Thursday, then they said Saturday, then they said Monday. Well...it's Monday and I haven't heard a peep. But let's not talk about that bit of aggrevation.

FOOTBALL. TGIF(ootball)

I had my Directv set up on Saturday so I could watch me some football on the NFL package. A colleague of mine is a huge Pittsburgh fan, so he came by and we mostly watched the Steelers take apart the Titans. It was just nice to have regular season games. I also watched the Cowboys beat the Chargers and I have to say...I am unimpressed. The Chargers should have beaten them without too much trouble, but a few bad penalties did them in and the Cowboys won. Oh well. I also flipped back and forth so I could see that lousy, good for nothing, sham of a quarterback Bret Favre lose to Detroit. Oh what fun to see the Packers lose! Until that pill-popping joke of a quarterback finally realizes he has outlived his usefullness in football, I think I would have to say the Packers are my least favorite team, just barely edging out Dallas and closley followed by every other NFL team that isn't the Eagles.

On that note, p-p-p-p-please let the Eagles win tonight!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan said --

"I think I would have to say the Packers are my least favorite team, just barely edging out Dallas and closley followed by every other NFL team that isn't the Eagles."

Are you lumping the Chargers with the other teams? Just a-wonderin'...

Go Iggles!

Anonymous said...

BMW...good point. I guess the Chargers still hold a special AFC place in my heart, but when I was writing that post they had lost to the cowboys and my Gamma-ray affected DNA started turning me into the hate monger sports fan that I try so very hard to surpress. BTW...WAH!! Poor, sad, depressing Eagles. So very hard to be out in public today. Students can be so cruel.

friday said...

here's a funny moment for you...abraxas and i were recently in colorado and we were playing pool with some locals...they asked where we were from...we replied dallas..."oh! so you all are cowboys fans?!" ..."no!" replied abraxas "Texans fans"..."Oh! college football...that's cool" the drunk guy replied...it was a sad, sad moment...